Some of our online courses feature proctored exams. A proctored exam is overseen to ensure integrity, and may be conducted at one of six locations in the Eastern Iowa Community College District. Locations and their phone numbers are found here:
About proctored exams:
1. Does your course require proctored exams? Such courses are designated with a “P” in the registration guide. If not sure, review the syllabus or contact your instructor. How many are required? Some instructors, for example, might require only a proctored midterm and final.
2. If your course requires proctored exams, has your instructor clearly explained how to set them up and where to take them? If you do not know the procedure, contact your instructor.
3. If scheduled for a proctored exam, call the test site to be sure the exam and proctor will be ready when you arrive.
4. Where is your exam site? Double check the time and location. Allow adequate travel time to be punctual. Being late can disqualify you.
5. Be sure you know the materials your instructor allows during the exam, such as notes or calculator. Proctors strictly follow the instructions given to them by faculty.